BALAGTAS, BULACAN-PAG UNLAD ng industriya na magdudulot ng pagdami ng trabaho, hanapbuhay at oportunidad sa negosyo, ito ang nakikita ng mga lider ng lalawigang ito sa pagbabalik muli ng mga tren ng Philippine National railways na magdadaan sa lalawigan sa malapit na hinaharap.
Ito humigit kumulang ang naging buod ng magkakasamang talumpati nina Bulacan Governor Daniel Fernando, Bulacan Vice Governor Wilhelmino M. Sy-Alvarado at City of Malolos Mayor Gilbert Gatchalian sa site visit ni DOTr Secretary Art Tugade kasama si PNR GM Junn Magno sa North –South Commuter Railway Project (Tutuban-Malolos) nitong June 14 2021 una sa bayan na ito.
Bantog ang lalawigan sa taguri na “gateway to the North” sapagkat lahat ng daan patungo sa hilaga ay magdadaan sa lalawigan, dati na ring bumabagtas ang tren mula sa Tutuban-La Union at Tutuban-Dingalan via Balagtas sa Bulacan kaya ang inaabangang pagbabalik ng tren sa “bayan ng mga bayani” ay isang sagot sa panalangin.
Bukod sa inaasahang maitatayong New Manila International Airport sa bayan ng Bulakan kung saan sinasabing 10 times ang laki sa Manila International Airport sa Paranaque, inaasahang magbo boom ang negosyo at karagdagang mga trabaho para sa Bulakenyo at lahat ng lungsod at munisipalidad at lalawigang daraanan ng tren.
Sagot din ito sa pag decongest ng Kamaynilaan upang ang ilang mga pagawaan ay maitayo na lamang sa labas ng kalunsuran o sa Clark Global City samantalang ang mga mangagawang nagtatrabaho sa Kamaynilaan ay hindi na mahihirapan sa pagbiyahe dahil sa mabilis at murang pamasahe sa tren.///Michael Balaguer, 09262261791, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
3 June 2021
*Tugade calls for stricter security measures on EDSA Busway; asks commuters to be vigilant against suspicious activities*
MANILA — Department of Transportation (DOTr) Secretary Art Tugade is calling on law enforcement agencies to enforce stricter security measures on the EDSA Busway (EDSA Carousel). He also urged the riding public to be vigilant and to immediately report to authorities any suspicious activities.
The transport chief made the call following an incident at the Ortigas Avenue Station of the EDSA Carousel last Monday (May 31) involving a marshal of the Interagency Council for Traffic (I-ACT) and a reportedly mentally disturbed man with a knife.
“The security and safety of our commuters are of utmost importance. We at the DOTr are not only tasked to provide the public with convenience in their everyday commute. We also want to ensure their safety and security at the stations and while onboard passenger vehicles, in coordination with concerned law enforcement agencies,” said Secretary Tugade.
“I am urging the I-ACT, and the Philippine National Police Highway Patrol Group to intensify security measures to protect our commuters at every stage of their daily commute using our public transportation systems,” Sec. Tugade said.
According to a report from I-ACT, at about 5:22 PM last Monday, commuters waiting for their bus at the EDSA Carousel Ortigas Avenue station informed the station’s security personnel of a man on crutches who was threatening them with a knife and asking for cash.
Immediately, I-ACT marshal SN2 Julius Gibran Abundol III of the Philippine Coast Guard’s (PCG) Team Barracuda approached the man to escort him off the station.
However, as Abundol was approaching, the man, who was only identified as “Ariel,” then tried to block the buses as they left the station, dropped his crutches and rushed at the PCG personnel with his knife.
Abundol then brought the man down and disarmed him with the help of a bus controller in the area.
Elements of the Philippine National Police-Highway Patrol Group then arrived and took custody of the man, who was described as being mentally unstable. It was also learned that the man had been also seen loitering in other EDSA Carousel stations, harassing commuters and disrupting bus operations.
Meanwhile, Secretary Tugade also appealed to the riding public to actively participate in maintaining the peace and order in transport stations and hubs and while aboard public transport vehicles by being vigilant.
“You are our partners in keeping our transport systems operating at its most efficient levels daily. Peace and order are major components of these systems. Let us all be vigilant. Report to authorities any suspicious incidents that may cause harm and disrupt the operations of our transport systems. Your cooperation is important,” Secretary Tugade said.
02 June 2021
*TUGADE TO PUV DRIVERS, OPERATORS, PASSENGERS: “STRICTLY ENFORCE PROTOCOLS VS COVID-19”*
MANILA – Transportation Secretary Art Tugade has reminded drivers and operators of public utility vehicles (PUVs) to strictly enforce health protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19, after receiving reports that the enforcement of health protocols has been lax in some PUVs.
“I am reminding our PUV drivers and operators that they are the government’s partners in the fight against COVID-19. Their participation in this fight is crucial as they are the ones on the frontlines. They should not just ensure that their vehicles are sanitized all the time, but must also be constantly reminding passengers of the need to observe basic health protocols,” said Secretary Tugade.
Secretary Tugade made the call as Metro Manila and the other adjacent provinces under the NCR Plus bubble are now slowly reopening economic activities, of which public transportation is a key component.
The transport chief likewise reminded passengers to do their share in controlling the spread of COVID-19 by observing minimum health protocols while inside the PUVs, such as wearing face masks, face shields, regular washing of hands, observing proper physical distancing, and not eating or talking while aboard vehicles.
“May pandemya pa ho. Dapat lahat tayo ay sumunod sa pagpapatupad ng proper health protocols gaya ng pagsusuot ng face mask, face shield, palagiang paghuhugas ng kamay at proper physical distancing. Lahat po ay dapat sumunod dito, ikaw man ay pasahero, driver o operator,” said Secretary Tugade.
Secretary Tugade also repeated his call for the deployment of transport marshals to enforce health protocols inside PUVs as he reminded commuters to be vigilant and be ready to remind their fellow commuters to observe these protocols.
*Call on LTO, LTFRB, and I-ACT To Intensify Operations VS Erring PUV Operators, Drivers*
Meanwhile, Secretary Tugade reiterated his order for the Land Transportation Office (LTO), the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB), and the Inter-Agency Council for Traffic (I-ACT) to intensify their operations against PUV operators and drivers who will fail to enforce health protocols.
Sec. Tugade also stressed that as passengers of the PUVs do their share in controlling the spread of the virus, the drivers, on the other hand, should champion in complying with the minimum health and safety protocols inside the PUVs.
“Failure by the driver and the operator to enforce these health and safety protocols could possibly lead to the suspension or revocation of their franchise, as these can be considered breaches of their franchise conditions. Kung wala namang physical distancing, overloading ‘yan,” Sec. Tugade said.
Further, Tugade has directed law enforcement and regulatory agencies attached to the Department of Transportation (DOTr) to go after the operators of colorum vehicles who are illegally transporting people to and from Metro Manila.
Last April, nearly 80 passengers of colorum vehicles going to the Bicol Region from the National Capital Region (NCR) have tested positive for COVID-19.
“Hindi ho tayo uusad sa ating laban kontra sa COVID kung tahasan nating nilalabag ang mga quarantine protocols. Isantabi muna natin ang pansariling interes para isalba ang buhay ng nakararami,” he said.