THE annual Hajj Pilgrimage should be treated both as sacred and humanitarian since it’s a part of Islam and a way of life to Muslim.
Recently, anomalies has been uncovered by the Muslim religious leaders called the Sheiks in regards to the NCMF’s treatment on the Pilgrim’s as they’ve arrived in Saudi Arabia.
As the year’s ‘Amerol Hajj” meant that the one in-charge of the Hajj, NCMF Sec. Saidamen B. Pangarungan is responsible on taking care of Pilgrims going on Hajj this 2020 and the stories told by the Sheiks are no different than those narrated by ordinary Muslim.
In a letter dated February 10, 2020 sent by Sheik Salim C. Sanihin, President of the ZamBaSulTa Murshid Association Inc. to Senator Bong Go, Chair of Senate Health and sports Committee. In their Manifesto, they reiterated the violations of RA 9997 which stipulates that the Filipino Hajj Pilgrim can choose the airline they want and they are worried of the high cost of the Hajj.
Ordinary pilgrim says that the place they were staying in Saudi Arabia are congested. Rooms fit for four persons has eight occupants making it unsuitable and a lot of additional cost is being shouldered by the pilgrim and the NCMF doesn’t even know where the places the pilgrim stays during the Hajj process collectively according to the 61 signatories of the Manifesto (with name, phone number, addresses and signatures) from Zamboanga, tawi-Tawi, Sulu, Basilan and Palawan. These was last year’s sentiments sine no one went on Hajj this year.
In these trying times of the COVID-19 pandemic, leaders should be held accountable.///abdul malik bin ismail, firstname.lastname@example.org 09333816694
5 LGUs receive 2.3-million performance challenge fund
Cotabato City (August 6, 2020) – ₱2.3 million incentive was awarded to each of the municipalities of South Upi, Guindulungan, Datu Piang, Shariff Aguak, and Datu Abdullah Sangki in Maguindanao province.
This was after said Local Government Units (LGUs) successfully passed the eligibility criteria of the Department of Interior and Local Government’s (DILG) Performance Challenge Fund (PCF) 2019.
Atty. Naguib Sinraimbo, BARMM’s Interior and Local Government Minister, led the awarding ceremony on Thursday, August 6, at the Bangsamoro Government Center in the city.
Sinarimbo said PCF is given to LGUs that passed the Seal of Good Local Governance (SGLG) 2019. “Kapag pumasa ka dun sa criteria na ibinigay ng SGLG, maa-access mo ang fund na ‘yun,” he said, noting that fund will be used to improve the LGUs’ programs and service delivery.
Among the criteria are good performance in the areas of financial administration, disaster preparedness, social protection, peace and order, business friendliness, tourism, culture and the arts, and environmental protection.
“For 2019, nasa 2.3 million dahil mejo madami ang pumasa sa SGLG, lalo na sa atin sa Bangsamoro region naging number 1 tayo sa buong Mindanao,” Sinarimbo said.
In 2019, BARMM topped the spot in Mindanao with the highest number of LGUs, 28 in total, compliant to the SGLG criteria.
Meanwhile, this year’s SGLG awarding will be suspended according to Sinarimbo “because the focus of national government and the LGUs is diverted due to the Covid-19 pandemic.”
However, Sinarimbo said, “Magkakaroon din ng regional award system ngayong taon, ito ang Salamat Award for LGUs. Kabilang sa measure nito ang fight against Covid-19 dahil ito ang pinakakailangan natin sa ngayon at ito ang magiging center piece ng criteria ng Salamat Award.”
“This year, we will start checking and verifying prospective and potential awardees,” he added.
Present during Thursday’s ceremony were Guindulungan Mayor Mibpantao Midtimbang Jr; South Upi Mayor Reynelbert Insular and Vice-Mayor Imelda Estorninos; Shariff Aguak Secretary to Mayor Anwar Eblawa, Municipal Accountant Al Jazzar Adam, Municipal Treasurer Nadin Bayhon; Guindulungan Municipal Planning and Development Coordinator Banda Salik, and other representatives. (Bureau of Public Information)
BARMM starts sending home 405 BaSulTa bound LSIs
Cotabato City (July 29, 2020) – Bangsamoro Government has successfully sent home today fifty (50) Locally Stranded Individuals (LSIs) bound for Basilan province.
The individuals are among the first batch of the 405 LSIs who will be sent off to the island provinces of Basilan, Sulu, and Tawi-Tawi (BaSulTa).
Said 50 LSIs tested negative in Covid-19 swab testing and completed the 14-days quarantine in Sultan Kudarat, Maguindanao. They were sent home with the assistance of the Philippine Navy.
The remaining 355 BaSulTa bound LSIs who completed their 14 day quarantine period, and after following health protocols, will be sent off at the soonest possible time.
The 405 LSIs from Manila were originally bound for the island provinces but were rerouted to Cagayan de Oro City on July 7.
The Bangsamoro Government hired 17 buses to take them to Zamboanga City, which should have been the nearest port of entry to the island provinces. However due to circumstances beyond the control of the Bangsamoro Government, the buses had to be rerouted to Sultan Kudarat, Maguindanao.
Upon their arrival in Maguindanao, the Bangsamoro Government ensured their safety and welfare. They immediately underwent reverse transcription-polyemerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) testing.
The BARMM’s Ministry of Social Services and Development (MSSD) has been providing them with daily hot meals for breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffee, and drinking water.
At least four (4) MSSD workers have also been staying 24/7 at the isolation facilities in Maguindanao to provide psychosocial support for the LSIs and modified camp management.
Interior and Local Government Minister Atty. Naguib Sinarimbo, who represented Chief Minister Ahod Ebrahim, stressed during Wednesday’s sending off ceremony that the Bangsamoro Government will continuously help the LSIs and ensure their safe return to their respective provinces.
“It’s important that we keep the spirit of looking after the welfare of each one,” Sinarimbo said, adding that it is the duty of the regional government to help its constituents especially in times of crisis.
Meanwhile, MSSD Minister Atty. Raissa Jajurie said “Hindi lang po iisang ahensya ang tumulong para maisakatuparan ito, hindi lang po BARMM ngunit pati ang ating kasundaluhan at hukbong dagat.”
The MSSD and BARMM-READI (Rapid Emergency Action on Disaster Incidence) provided cash assistance worth of P5,000.00 to each individual, hygiene kits, and relief goods including 25 kilos of rice.
Wednesday’s sending off ceremony was also attended by MOH-RESU head Dr. Amirel Usman, Parang, Maguindanao Vice Mayor Adnan Biruar, Representative of PNP PRO-BAR PCOL Jaime Mojica Jr. , Sultan Kudarat LGUs, and members of the Armed Forces of the Philippines.(Bureau of Public Information)